This drugstore refining cleanser from Neutrogena just came out lately in New Zealand and Australia. I've always looked for some good refining cleanser but most of the ones I like are high end brands. Cleanser and makeup remover are the two things I normally try to avoid high end. When I saw the ad and people's review online I was really interested this product! So here is my review for Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser after using it daily for 2 weeks...
My video review of this cleanser:
(watch my video down below or watch it on YouTube by clicking HERE)
- Drugstore price, super affordable for anyone. And Neutrogena is a brand you can get almost everywhere around the world without doing International shopping online!
- It actually does what it claims. You can see a instant result (I did with the blackheads on my nose) after 1st wash, but it's a bit temporary at the start. As you keep using it everyday you'll start to notice some actual long-term difference. The pores on my nose got a lot smaller and the blackheads are a lot less visible now! I'm really impressed that a drugstore product actually works really well for once.
- Really gentle on the skin. The micro-beads in this cleanser are super fine, has that high-end feeling almost. It doesn't leave you skin dry or tight after wash which a lot of drugstore cleanser cause this problem.
- This clean is "soap-free", "non-comedogenic" and "dermatologist tested", lots of people are looking for these things in cleanser now. It's great for sensitive skin or people who has acnes.
- My eyes always has a stinging feeling after rinsing this cleanser off my face. None of any other cleanser I've tried has done this to me so this is a bit weird. I don't put cleanser directly around my eyes normally, it's just the water dripping down from forehead is causing this problem. I don't really know the reason behind this but it's quite uncomfortable and bothers me quite a bit!
- Second con doesn't bother me but for those people with fair skin that get sun burn easily, watch out for this! It says on the back "Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid that many increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards."
Overall I really like this cleanser. It does exactly what it claims: minimizing pores and refines skin, which is a lot more than what I expected from a drugstore cleanser! I wish this doesn't sting my eyes then this would be my holy grail cleanser. I'm still going to keep using it, but only use this in the shower in the morning. (It gently exforliate the skin, get rid of blackheads and prepare skin better for the makeup I put on) Then use my Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser at night for a more gentle cleansing.
SHOP THE POST